Monday, November 10, 2008
FIELD
I touched a smart board for the first time in my life at it was AMAZING!!! I want one so so so bad there are so many things you can do with one. We drew pie graphs of the election on the smart board and they students are able to save the work they do on one. Also, it was interesting to hear what the students had to say about the canidates. I thought that a lot of their ideas came from their parents. Unlike a real board that once it is wiped it is gone for ever, no with the smart board. You can save the work you did on the board as an image and then add to it later. It is amazing. Also, not to mention the marker doesn't run out or you can have any color you image as a marker. Also, with our technology rich lesson we were able to pull up a website on indigenous people, which is the unit we are teaching. It was great to be able to pull up the definition on the projector and compare the sites definition with the definition we made up. I loved using the smart board because you can do so many things with it. It took me a little getting use to the tools of the smart board. The kids really think it is cool. When you call someone up to use it you can see the excitement in their eyes. If I were to have a smart board in my classroom I would have it in a different position in my classroom. The way our teacher has it now it is kind of in the way, and not all the students can really see what is going on. So either, she needs to move her seating or the board. I am sure it is easier to move the seating, but anyway that is my opinion. I really liked being able to do a power point in our lesson because we were able to show things to the whole class at once. That is also like the Elmo that is in our classroom. The teacher is able to show the whole class a student who did a good job on an assignment and make things clear to the whole class on the spot instead of having to make a transparency. I have taught two times and it is going really well. The kids are really smart and they are good at taking instructions which is great. Being in this classroom has taught me some things that I know for sure I will not have. Our teacher is a MESS. She has piles of papers all across the room and in order for me to even use the Elmo, I had to clear a space for me to even lay something under it flat. Needless to say she is disorganized, but it has taught me a lot of things just being there for one week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment