Wednesday, September 24, 2008

IEP/REVIEW

What?... Today we had a great review! We had a relay race, we shared key terms we chose, and played Hollywood Squares!


So What?... So now I feel more prepared for the test and know what I am looking for towards the format of the test. I really found this helpful because I get a little of test anxiety, the bad kind. I sort of freak out and I have a hard time pulling the knowledge out of my brain. Taking the entire three hours of class really helped me focus on what I need to study. I really need to go over each individual concept and go over and learn key terms and use some of my multiple intelligences to aid me in studying for this test.


Now What? ...Now I know what to look for in the future and what the tests will be like in this class. Now I know how I learn best because of our multiple intelligences and I will be more prepared because of the test preparation we had in class. Also, I really like we did Hollywood Squares because I can use it for my own class. That was a fun way to learn information and it really helped me focus on the questions and the type of questions we are to expect. Now I need to take the initiative and really apply myself to learn and relearn the information so I can do my very best on this test.

Portia's IEP

Where I am now... I feel at this time I am at a place where I am understanding what is said in class and participating in class. I do the homework assigned and grasp the concepts.

Where I need to be... I need to be more engaged in the reading and really learn to focus on the text we are assigned. I need to remember strategies we have learned about the keep my attention. I need to break up the text and not try to do it all at once, so I can have better attention.



No comments: