What? ... We learned in detail about different research styles. Correlation, Descriptive, Action and Experimental. It was really helpful that we broke down in groups and really got to define what the different research methods were. I really liked how we got up, walked around and had some really in depth experiences. Such as taking the verbal memory quiz and taking the visual quiz.
So What?!... So now I feel like I can put a name with a face. I thought about reflecting on my class and really trying analyze my students and now I know what that is called. I also have more ideas about what each of the different methods mean and how I can use them. I really think that everyone will use descriptive study everyday and use correlation in their planning. I also think that action study will take a big part in the classroom. I feel that is really being there, practicing it, and really living it.
Now What?... Now as a teacher/student I feel the importance to be the best me. To really take these types of study and make them my own study. To always continually be learning and really take into account what is going on in my own education. Now I feel like I can really put my research skills to practice with my own learning. Like really evaluate what is going on with me, for example, study practices and my test scores. I really am intersted to see where I excell in lesson planning. I know that things aren't going to work out 100 percent of the time but I really want to use the research skills we have learned about this week to really put my skills to the test.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Describe the different research methods, this will help when you need to study.
Post a Comment