Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inplicit Association

WOW! This test was hard in the coordination department. I found that I favored men and woman in their traditional roles, however, I plan on being a careered woman and a mother... so I don't know how totally accurate that is. I also favored African Americans slightly over European Americans. I thought that I loved both races equally, or that is what I tell my self. I have a lot of friends back east who are African American that I keep in contact with but I wouldn't favor them over my husband or family. I thought that the test was based more on coordination verses recognizing a word or picture and classifying, because when the left category switched with the right, I had the hardest time switching my brain to match the action of my hands. I also thought it was weird that there were right and wrong answers. When you would categorize the world Love under BAD it would X you. What if you thought love was bad? I just thought it was a little interesting that you were supposed to play to the test. What if that effects your score because you are more focused on the what the test wants you to say because they red X you when ever you get an answer "wrong." I thought that It was interesting the facial expressions that they had pictures of. None of them were smiling, they all looked like they were in pain. I think that could have an effect if younger children did this test. With the word sad they would see that the person was sad looking and maybe they were supposed to categorize them under the GOOD because it says European American or Good but the person looks like they are sad. I thought that the gender was more geared towards beliefs, I think that I can have a career and be a mom, however, it is just a fact that woman make .75 cents to every 1.00 a man makes, thus I would prefer my husband to be the breadwinner. Plus, he can't clean or even think about changing a diaper, so I fill in that piece. It's nothing to do religiously, it has to do with strengths.

No comments: